Thursday, April 16, 2015

Star Wars The Force Awakens Teaser 2 Thoughts

Woo hoo! Trailer number 2 for The Force Awakens! What a great day!
First off the voice over... Awesome call back to Return of the Jedi. I think it is Luke. Most people have referred to the voice as Luke. When I listened to it first with head phones I thought it was Luke. I thought it was amazing how his voice sounded exactly the same as in Jedi.  Then I listened to it without headphones and it didn't sounds like Luke. It got me thinking "What if it isn't Luke?" Vader's helmet, the family of a brother and sister, the similarity of what Luke said in Jedi...could it all be a red herring and someone else is saying this? "My father has it." That implies the father is alive and Vader is not "alive". Luke and Leia are not the only brother and sister ever. I am terrible with voices and matching them to actors, but maybe this is Domnhall Gleeson??? Is he Luke's son and Domnhall as an actor is trying to sound like Mark Hamill? I am not sure. Probably Luke's voice. Okay so I took a break and watched the trailer again and I think it's Luke's voice again. I am keeping my not Luke thought because that is a cool idea.  

Love the music in the trailer. Very classic Star Wars music but with a new twist. I am good at matching Star Wars music to movie scene and after listening a couple of times I cannot place it. So new music that has the classic themes in it? That is awesome and exactly what I want. 

All the visual effects look great. Practical or CGI. In 2015 you would think all visual effects would look good, but watch the new Terminator trailer... The crashed Star Destroyer looks awesome at the start. The Tie fighters have a different look. The wings almost look translucent. All the spaceships at least look CGI to me. What is cool is that they have eight month to only make it look better!

The Darth Vader helmet and Luke's/Anakin's lightsaber make an appearance. Both have already been rumored to be part of movie. It was nice to see in the trailer. It will be interesting to see how Luke's old lightsaber was recovered. Side note: if I ever get a Force FX Lightsaber (which I really should), I want the Luke/Anakin Lightsaber, it is too iconic to pass up. I am expecting on some level the villain(s) of this movie are going to be Vader worshipers or followers or something. Vader is such an iconic character that it tough to not have his presences in the movie if it is just his helmet.

The Han and Chewie piece at the end was nice. A very good line for Han to say for a trailer. It looks like they are in the Falcon, so it kind of implies that the Falcon isn't owned by him anymore? Han Solo and Falcon go together like bread and butter. The idea of a different owner is a little sad. The Falcon can still fly that is for sure. Chewie looks like he hasn't aged. The benefit of being a wookie I guess.

I want to see more of everything in this trailer. More X-wings flying around. More Chrome Trooper. More droids. More new characters. More classic characters. December cannot come soon enough!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment