Monday, April 13, 2015

Terminator Genisys Official Trailer 2 Thoughts

We got two new trailers today! Ant-Man and Terminator Genisys. One was fun and great! The other was super spoiler filled and a weird marketing play. We are going to talk about that one.

Here is the Terminator Genisys Official Trailer 2.

Wow. This trailer gave us a huge plot twist and I have no idea why. This movie has not looked great. Was the hope of revealing more would get the buzz up? I am sure they are getting some bad press for this twist and any press is good press, right? I have no problem with the twist itself, but why show it in a trailer when you lose the shock factor in the theater? My only guess is that this is not the biggest twist in the movie. We still do not know Matt Smith's character in the movie so maybe that is a bigger twist??

Casting for this movie is way off and you can tell from the trailers. Jai Courtney is not Kyle Reese. He is not even close to the actor that Michael Biehn was in the original. I read that he is not trying to be like Biehn's Reese, because it is a different movie. What? We know for a fact that a shot for shot recreation of Reese's arrival and shopping center scene are in this movie. How is that a different Kyle Reese? Jason Clarke as John Connor wasn't a big deal to me, because I thought he was going to have a small part. Well, looks like his part is huge. So... not excited for this now. Jason Clarke was kind of forgettable in Rise of the Planet of the Apes and I am not sure he can be war hero John Connor. Bad guy John Connor maybe. Also, I think his scars look terrible. Also, I feel like Jason and especially Jai are way too beefy and muscular in this movie. I know this is a weird take, but they are survivors in a Man vs Machine post-apocalypse war. You are not going to be that ripped. Are they drinking protein shakes in between huge battles? End of weird take.

The Machine War scenes look terrible. The Terminator and T2 made the war look super terrifying. This looks like a cheap SyFy movie or a cheap video game. Why are we inducing new machines in the war that are terrible CGI? I am talking about you weird machine that jumps in front of John and Kyle, better seen in the first trailer. The machines in the originals are prefect. Those war scenes from the original still freak me out because they are so real and a metal Terminator is so scary looking.

Final thought. Why are they pumping up the 1984 Arnold vs Old Arnold fight so much? We know it will be an early scene. We know who is going to win. What is going to make it so amazing? It is a fun idea and could look cool, but why was that one of the last teases in this trailer? I am not going to go to this movie to see that.

I am fully expecting this movie to bomb. In fact, right now I am not sure how it is going to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment