Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Age of Ultron Trailer 3 Thoughts


The third trailer hit today for most likely the biggest movie of the summer! Easily the best trailer for it yet. Got me really excited for the movie. Here are my thoughts after the trailer.

Here is a link to the trailer.

James Spader as Ultron is going to be excellent. I have a feeling he is going to be the star of the movie and the reason this movie will be great. His voice over at the beginning of the trailer is a lot of fun and I expect his dialogue to be like that in the whole movie.

Captain America doesn't say much in the trailer, but I am excited for his role in this movie. I am a big fan of Chris Evans, he has been good in a lot of different styles of movies. From the trailer we see that he is going to have a couple of good fights with Ultron and Quicksilver. I think his character has been the strongest throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies and it does not look like that will change here.

Also, love that this trailer didn't reveal anything I did not already know. Trailers lately have really been giving a way a lot of the movie (looking at you Amazing Spiderman 2). We have seen most of these ideas already just some different shots and lines. We did get to see Vision. I have no idea what to expect from him, which is refreshing. Because of this I wonder if we have seen all shots of the final battle yet?? No more trailers needed for this movie. KEEP THE SECRETS!

I was not a huge fan of the first teaser trailer. It was filled with cliche trailer moments and quotes, for example Black Widow's "Nothing lasts forever" line is so cliche and sounds awkward. I know it is taken completely out of context (at least I hope), but I expect better from Marvel because they raised the bar with Avengers and Captain America Winter Solider. The trailer also played into my worry for the film, which is....

My concern for the film is it is going to feel too detached from the overall Infinity Gauntlet/Thanos theme of the MCU. Another way of putting it is that I feel it is going to feel too much like a side quest for the Avengers. When you think about a second part of a trilogy (not saying this movie is a second part, but you can make the argument that the Avengers movie series will be like a trilogy within MCU), you should leave your heros wounded, defeated, and lost, which I am sure they will feel (for sure Tony Stark), but it should also strengthen your overall villain aka Thanos. I am not seeing that connection yet. I am probably going to be totally wrong about this, but I wanted to express this concern.

Also, I know that the Hulkbuster armor Iron Man vs the Hulk battle is going to really look cool and be a really fun scene, but didn't we do this already in Avengers? Loki's plan was to turn the Hulk against them and now it is Scarlet Witch's plan too?

This movie is going to be the best movie of the summer and it is only two months away! Now that is exciting!

What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment