Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mad Max Fury Road Main Trailer Thoughts

Image Source
This Mad Max movie is really starting to look completely and utterly insane. I mean that in a good way. In a time when all the other summer blockbusters are looking to create Cinematic Universes and highly connected and detailed stories, it is great to see a movie that is literally just going to be one massive car chase. This movie has never not looked awesome, but this trailer pushed it over the edge.

New trailer came out today. Link is here!

I watched this trailer at work today. I didn't watch it just once and I was not getting any work done after watching it. I had to get up and walking around a little bit. The intensity in this trailer is so high. I could not imagine going to a movie, sitting in my seat with my popcorn and pop, and then seeing this trailer for the first time, then be expected to watch a movie. Do we know if this is going to be attached to any movies coming out? Furious 7? I don't want to be the movie to follow this.

In the first trailers, I feel like we got a good feel for Charlize Theron's Furiosa character. In this trailer, we get a great look at Immortan Joe villain. Holy crap, he is super creepy. His whole outfit...Creepy. His voice... Creepy. His walk.... Creepy. That mask... Creepy. He looks and acts like a nightmare. That is what a villain needs to be.

Starting at the 1:31 mark, where they post "From Mastermind George Miller", this trailer kicks to a gear most trailers never touch. The music, the voice over, all the crazy scenes. I expect it to peak and wind down, but it doesn't for a whole minute. If this movie is two hours of that, I am not sure I am physically going to be able to handle it.

Everything I have seen and read about this movie is we are pretty much in store for one long car chase. Yes. Sign me up. Simple movie plot. A massive car chase from point A to point B. Chaos to get there. It seems to me George Miller is just trying to recreate a Hot Wheels chase he created as a child. I also read today (after researching more into this movie after the high from this trailer) that Miller wanted the visuals to come first and wanted the film to be understand in Japan without subtitles. If I read that Michael Bay was going to try that for a Transformers movie, I would be like "Yeah, good luck with that", but with Miller and this movie? It is going to work!

If you couldn't tell I am super excited about this movie and ready for the summer blockbusters to start!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment